Re: [squid-users] Can squid run on memory ?

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:33:48 -0400

You can use the null cache_dir type to store the cache objects in memory,
but I understand some OSes have (had?) trouble dealing with 1gb+
processes. Linux also has tmpfs you can use to make the page cache a
giant in-memory filesystem.

You will need to set the cache_log to /dev/null and disable the other
logs. Also, set your filesystems to drop to read-only on errors.

        -- Brian