Re: [squid-users] Performance tunning !

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 23:41:51 +0200

Joe Cooper wrote:

> I'll buy that. Though this won't fix things in the case of the MTU
> problem with WCCP (at least not in my experience). Of course, the MTU
> only has to be dropped to 1476 (or somewhere around that, I don't recall
> exactly) in that case, which does no real harm to throughput.

Well.. unless I have misunderstood the WCCP MTU problem this is a problem of
the MTU between the router and the cache, and needs to be addressed at the
router. Disabling or changing the MTU size on the cache server won't help for
this. The MTU for the WCCP encapsulation in the router needs to be at most
the MTU between the router and the cache. If your cache is on a directly
attached network then I would file this into the category IOS bugs.