AW: [squid-users] Squid File Descriptor Size

From: <Markus.Rietzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:50:58 +0200

you should first edit

        /usr/include/bits/types.h

change value for

        FD_SETSIZE to whatever you want...

then do a complete rebuild

        ./configure

watch the messages flying over your monitor, look for FD_SETSIZE
if configure really is able to see your file descriptor change..

        ./make
        ./make install

change /usr/include/bits/types.h back to the old values.

in your startup script for squid you should add

        ulimit -n xxxxx

to tell the os that for this shell/process it should use another
number of file descriptors

this worked with our squid

Markus Rietzler
* <rietzler_software/>