Re: [squid-users] Moving to squid from inktomi

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 02:15:16 +0200

Most likely marginal. Your box should not be swapping, and the needed
OS components should be loaded in memory at all times..

What you might need to watch out for in that area is Squid logs,
mainly the access log. Squid is not too happy if your OS makes it
block while writing to the logs, but if you have a good OS and
sufficient amount of RAM this should not be a problem even if the
disk is busy with other tasks (cache).