Re: [squid-users] /etc/hosts

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 21:15:46 +0200

Frank Liu wrote:

> Future versions will support /etc/hosts in the internal resolver as well.
>
> I am wondering if that has happened or not. if so, which version?

2.5

> does it the "internal resolver" honor /etc/nsswitch?

Nope.

> If I modify /etc/hosts file, will squid see it immediately or do I
> have to kill and restart squid?

Not sure, but I think a "squid -k reconfigure" is needed.

> if the dns/host is cached, how to flush the cache?

You can flush individual entries by using the PURGE method. To flush the whole
IP cache you will need to restart Squid.

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized