Re: [squid-users] Cache Content

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 16:17:13 -0500

There are two choices that I know of:

purge, which is here:

http://www.cache.dfn.de/DFN-Cache/Development/purge.html

This can give you a list of all cached objects, and can do lots of fun
stuff.

And then, I've written a set of tools in Perl, which does a similar job,
but does so by first building a database in SQLite to maintain the
object list:

http://swelltech.com/support/updates/7.x/RPMS/purge-tools-0.981-1.noarch.rpm

Unfortunately, I only have the RPM version available at the moment. I'm
working on a projects page to somewhat document and provide tarballs and
packages of all the utilities I've written for Squid. But I haven't
gotten to writing up the purge tools package yet. In short, it provides
a CGI interface and a command line interface to do purges and refreshes
of cached objects (or at least, that's its goal, some of the features
don't work yet).

Given the very beta status of the purge tools I've written, I'd suggest
purge above...Unless you must have a database of those objects.

Anyway, both tools pull the URLs directly from the objects in cache
directories (this info is contained in the metadata that prepends each
object).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
Web caching appliances and support.