Re: [squid-users] Poor performance of squid-2.5 on Redhat 7.2 compared to Solaris 8 on x86

From: Account For Cache Group <cachemail@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:29:15 +0430 (IRST)

I compile most of my squid box with this option, and I have not gotten any
serious bug yet.
as you know there are some other technique to reach a better performance

1. set half_close_client off
2. client and server persistent_connection on
3. decread fin_timeout timeout (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_fin_timeout)
4. incread read/write tcp buffer ( ..../tcp_wmem, /tcp_rmem)
5. disable timestampes
6. incread tcp_max_syn_backlog
7. and ... you can find them in Securing and Optimizing Linux book

Mahmoud Taghizadeh