Re: [squid-users] hits per second and other benchmarks

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 11:20:57 +0200

Joe Cooper wrote:
> Strange. I've never used 7.0 extensively (it had too many issues to be
> something we could ship...and I've been using Red Hat long enough to
> know to avoid .0 releases ;-).
>
> Squid does include /usr/include/sys/types.h (note the 's'), but even so,
> I don't see FD_SETSIZE defined in that file on my systems at all. I
> never needed to edit that file on our 6.2 systems either. I'm thinking
> that FD_SETSIZE shouldn't be drawn from there, even if it is defined
> there for some reason.

On all my RedHat systems (RH 6.2, RH 7.1, RH 7.2, RH 7.3) the file to define
FD_SETSIZE is /usr/include/bits/types.h via the define __FD_SETSIZE

None of them defines FD_SETSIZE in /usr/include/sys/types.h. On all of them
sys/types.h includes bits/types.h to get the value.

Have seen another definition in the kernel headers in include/linux (or was it
include/asm?) but this definition is never used on glibc based systems or the
kernel so there is no need to edit this file.

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized