[squid-users] cannot cache pdf file

From: Alan Fa <aklfa@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 01:45:21 +0800

Hi all,

I use Squid as http accelerator.
When I view the pdf files using IE 5.5 with plugin Acrobat reader, the pdf file cannot be cached. I see several logs requesting partial data seperately.

But when I use another IE browser without plugin Acrobat reader, it will display a download dialog and the pdf file cached. I see only a full data requesting log.

It seems that with Plugin Acrobat reader, it displays the file though download is not completed. And cannot be cached since every request is partial of data.

How to enable caching since almost all of our users use IE with plugin Acrobat reader?

Thanks!

Alan