Re: [squid-users] Another problem, diskd this time !

From: David Brown <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:13:52 +0100

> I'm having the same problems with squid and diskd, so
> please let me know if you find the answer to this.

As Henrik kindly pointed out, I needed to increase my queue lengths, so I
added the following lines to my Kernel config + then recompile it.

options MSGMNB=8192 # max # of bytes in a queue
options MSGMNI=40 # number of message queue identifiers
options MSGSEG=512 # number of message segments per queue
options MSGSSZ=64 # size of a message segment
options MSGTQL=2048 # max messages in system

It took balls of steel, because I'm not that brave when it comes to dabbling
in the darkest depths of Unix kernels, and I had to follow a "Dummy's Guide
to recompiling a FreeBSD kernel"

Still, it works nicely now :-)