Re: [squid-users] multiple processors

From: Marc Elsen <marc.elsen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:35:31 +0200

Suat Ugurlu wrote:

> I am using squid with Redhat 7.3.
> Should I use multiple CPUs, and does it accelerate internet connection?

 The issue was discussed a couple of days ago , on the list.

 The general feeling was , that a second processor doesn't help
 much in terms of squid performance even if aufs is being used.
 (aufs makes squid do I/O using threads, to avoid blocking).

 I think the situation is different when a redirector is being
 used , such as squidguard.
 In my case I often see both processors quite busy.

 M.