[squid-users] Re: Squid Security Update Advisory 2002:3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:51:15 +0200

Correct.

"httpd_accel_with_proxy off" in combination with "httpd_accel_host ..."
effectively denies any attempts for proxying ftp:// or gopher:// URL's.

You may still be vulnerable if you are using a redirector to rewrite the
received HTTP requests into ftp:// or gopher:// URLs to servers you do
not trust fully... but I guess you are not doing anything like this.