[squid-users] NTLM without NTDC

From: Michael Steder <michael.steder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu Jul 4 06:31:08 2002

Hi,

I try to realize a sso-solution with a Squid-Proxy.
So far the authentication is made against an LDAP-Server but with the user/password
window popping up.

NTLM offers the opportunity to makes this pop-up an end, but I don't want to
authenticate against a NTDC, but against an LDAP-Server.

Is there any chance, to enter the NTLM authenticate mechanism, when the username
is "known" to the c-code ? After that I can imagine it's pretty easy to ask an LDAP-
Server, wether this user is allowed to enter the internet.

But the sourcecode for ntlm_auth is a little bit too complex to start searching without a
chance of finding :)

best Regards,
 Michael
Linomail - Dein Briefkasten im Internet.
http://www.geolino.de