Re: [squid-users] winbind authentication, mystical ?

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 21:28:20 +0200

Hi,

Il 21.12 04/07/2002 Jerry Murdock ha scritto:
>I think the docs only mention nmbd.

Correct, now at home I have checked that only nmbd is needed.

>pam_winbind and squid don't seem to need either of the other daemons running
>for basic functionality, but I've only tested/used simple (and static)
>trusts.

I have two test environment running fine:

- A Solaris 8 x86 with Samba 2.2.5 (first tests was made on 2.2.4 with
success too) member of a W2K native mode domain, with users on a NT4
Trusted domain and on the W2K domain.
- A Linux Alpha 2.4.18 with Samba 2.2.5 member of a W2K native mode domain.

No special setup was needed for make they work, except the winbindd config
as in Samba documentation (don't forget UID and GID range in smb.conf).

Regards

Guido

>Jerry

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it