[squid-users] Squid 2.4.STABLE7 and VPN

From: Rhys Jones <rjones@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 16:30:44 +1200

Hi,

We have a Redhat 7.3 firewall (IPTABLES) onto which I have recently
installed the above version of Squid , in transparant mode. The Firewall
splits our traffic, based on destination, either to the Internet or
accross a VPN to another office. The firewall is the VPN and as such as
3 interfaces; eth0 (internal), eth1 (external), and ipsec0 (virtual
interface for VPN). The cache appears to be working perfectly for all
Internet based sites but fails to work for any sites that resolve to an
address at the other end of the VPN. As far as I can tell I have
followed all the HOW-TO's correctly, and as I mentioned, it does
function and appears to cache properly. There seems to be no issues
connecting to servers accross the VPN so that is functioning correctly.

Does anyone have any suggestion as I cannot seem to find any relevant
articles.

Regards

Rhys Jones

---