[squid-users] Squid architecture

From: Wei Keong <chooweikeong@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:32:51 +0800 (SGT)

I am looking into ways to improve the squid deployment. Currently, I pair
(cache_peer sibling, using cache digest) 3 squid boxes into a cluster.
Using this architecture, on average, the byte hits is about 30%.

However, I notice that the byte CD_SIBLING_HIT of each box is less than 8%
of the MISS. In other words, the byte hit from siblings is less than 5.6%
of the total byte request.

Is this kind of byte hits from siblings normal? Has anyone tried to use L7
load balancer to load balance squid boxes? Will there be any drawbacks in
using L7 load balancing?

rgds,
wei keong