RE: [squid-users] winbind authentication, mystical ?

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 13:51:19 +0200

Hi,

Il 09.38 05/07/2002 Chemolli Francesco (USI) ha scritto:
> > Warning: winbindd needs nmbd and smbd !!!!!
> > Look at Samba documentation ....
>
>No it doesn't if you only wish to use it to perform squid authentication.
>The only thing for which smbd might be required is to perform
>domain membership renewal (which is required at least once a day
>to renew the trust password).
>But you can do that by just executing once a day
>"net rpc changetrustpw"

During my first winbind installation, I can't find a net command on samba
2.2.4, I don't look more on 2.2.5, it's needed some configure option ?

I think that we need urgently a winbind Squid configuration guide, there
are to many variances and confusion in its configuration.

Regards

Guido

>--
> /kinkie

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it