[squid-users] Mobile Squid

From: Xavier-Nicolas IMBS <xavier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 12:08:47 +0900

Dear Squid users,

I am currently trying to use the Squid cache as a proxy for mobile
internet users. Since the Http requests and the web page contents are
smaller, I would like to cache in the main memory (RAM) only, hence no
hard disk caching. Is it possible to configure Squid to use RAM only ?

I tried to set the cache disk size to zero by setting "cache_dir" to 0,
but an error occurred stating that the cache on disk had to be larger
than the cache in memory.

Thank you in advance for your help !

Xavier