[squid-users] Auth problem Squid (telnet)

From: <maillist151@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:10:21 +0800 (CST)

Hi, pals!

I have successfully added auth function to
Squid. When user browing web pages, a dialog will
be displayed to ask user to input their user name
and password.

I have a further question. When user use "telnet",
how to call out the same dialog to ask user to
input their username and password? Can Squid do this?

I think the main trouble is telnet activities do not
use cache proxy server. Maybe the job is impossible
for Squid. Can Squid do this?

I am using Squid-2.4-Stable4, Red Hat Linux 7.2, Kernel
2.4.7-10.

Cheers,
Erik