[squid-users] Malformed request

From: Miklos Magyari <miklos.magyari@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:40:29 +0200

hi,

I have a problem with squid 2.4stable1.

Sometimes the browsers get a message containing the following (I
replaced private data with 'zzz'):

The system detected HTTP Error Invalid Request
while attempting to retrieve the URL: = zzz+zzz&UserFirstname =
zzz&UserLastName = zzz&UserNickName = zzz&UserOSType =
Windows+2000&UserCountry = United+States&UserLanguage =
English&UserIndustry = Computer+Software&UserOccupation =
Computer+technical/Engineering&UserJobtitle =
Software+Engineer&UserOrganization = Ericsson&UserTimeZone =
Bratislava,+Budapest&UserEmail = zzz&UserAge = 31&UserGender =
Male&UserBizPhone = zzz&UserMobile = zzz&UserFax = zzz&UserWebPage =
N/A&UserAddress = N/A&UserPrefNotify = 1&UserPrefSound =
0&UserPrefUpdateMode = N/A&UserPrefSoundFilename =
Message.wav&UserClientVersion = 3, 5, 2, 5&UserAppVersion =
N/A&%5bMessage%5d&DataFormat=Both&GET
http://www.gmac.com/mba/develop_action_plan/examine_goals/guidelines.shtml

This message is originated from the parent proxy that serves my squid
(it's a non-squid cache)
So it seems that sometimes squid sends malformed requests; it inserts
some strings before the HTTP GET.

My observations:
- the problem on client side is 100% browser and OS independent
- it's website independent
- the inserted string is always the same (at least until now)
- the problem is rare and random, but can be reproduced by trying the
same URL several times.

Can someone help me to track down the problem (my guess that it's a
squid bug)?

thanks,
Miki