Re: [squid-users] 301 Moved Permanently: bug?

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 14:27:07 -0700

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 17:07, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> A proper HTTP 301 reply message looks something like

> HTTP/1.X 301 Moved Permanently
> Location: http://the.new.location/
> [more headers]
>
> <H1>The document requested has moved to a new location</H1>
>
> <P>The document requested has moved to a new location. Please see it's
> <A
> HREF="....">new location</A>.

Ah, yes, i see what you mean.
Nope, i don't see any actual "HTTP data" (that's in Ethereal-speak).
It's only the directive and the headers.

That's puzzling. Thinking maybe my Ethereal is broken and doesn't
identify the reply entity correctly, i double-checked with the full data
dump (hex format): nothing there, just the headers.

But _theoretically_ the browser should follow the headers even when the
entity is missing, right? At least, IE does that when i browse without a
proxy. Only when browsing through the proxy it gets stuck.
I cannot test it with other browsers because it's one of those "IE only"
web applications. :-(

--
Florin Andrei
Speeding never killed anyone. Stopping did.