[squid-users] Re: { FLAGGED As Possible SPAM } 回复:Re: [squid-users] 回复:Re: [squid-users]

From: Waitman C. Gobble, II <waitman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:19:39 -0700

the password file, (well files) is a file that can be transferred. you
should (actually) transfer 4 files, let me see if memory serves correctly

1) /etc/passwd
2) /etc/shadow
3) /etc/group
4) /etc/gshadow

exposing these files to an outside machine is dangerous. if both machines
need the user accounts to synchronize then you are better off using some
sort of directory service for authentication and not PAM -OR- rsyncing them
over an encrypted line.

please note that you probably want to rsync the home directory for the users
too.

rsync is smart and won't transfer anything that is already syncronized.
actually it can transfer only the PARTS of the files that have changed, and
not the entire file (this is truly spiffy). it will also transfer the stuff
over an encrypted line.

my suggestion is to write a script to rsync the four files above on
something like a 15 minute interval (well, some other interval may be better
suited to your specific situation). if somebody can't wait 15 minutes for
access after the account is created then heck with them anyhow.

best

waitman gobble
emk design
+1.7145222528