Re: [squid-users] redirector processes

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:24:12 +0200

Ryan Hairyes wrote:
> What is a good # to set the redirector process to? I don't want to kill my
> box but I also don't want our employee's to have to wait on a process to
> open.

Depends on the redirector you use. Anywhere from 1 to very many..

The cost involved in starting to many is mainly the memory requirements of the
redirector you are using. The easies way to tune the amount is by collecting
some statistics of the redirector usage in cachemgr.. if you see that all
your redirectors are used a lot and response times are bad then you need more
of them. If you find that you have many redirector processes which rarely
ever get used then you probably have too many..

--
Basic free Squid support provided thanks to MARA Systems AB
Your source of advanced reverse proxy solutions or customized