Re: [squid-users] Inquiry on my setup

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:51:48 +0200

If you have two stations on the same ethernet having the same IP address then
you have a IP conflict. It does not matter if it gets logged or not.

To do what you describe you MUST have something that decides which of the two
boxes the user(s) should be talking to. This decision can be done by a load
balancer or even a router.

If you have a extra machine (does not need to be a big one..) then
linux-virtual-server is a quite nice and very cost effective load balancer.
<http://www.linux-virtual-server.org/>