[squid-users] user specific acl rules without a password prombt?

From: <mFox666@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:38:47 +0200 (MEST)

hello all,
im trying to set up a squid that has specifi access rules for specific
users, but they should not have to answer a password prombt when opening the
browser. the auth_modul should check which user is logged in the systhem (mostly
win 2000+sp2 or nt 4.0+sp6). i made some tricky stuff on ip base, but some
users will have to change there machine somtimes. our server is running an samba
2.2.4 and it would be nice if the auth_modul could use the same database...

ps.: I`m just a 17 and new to this stuff but i will try my best, please be
forbearingly[?] whith me and my english. I have read so much stuff my eyes are
teary and red. if my question is stupid... just a link or somthing would
help!

Thankx a lot in advance

http://www.gmx.net