[squid-users] configuring squid to use two different ISP

From: Jack <sa_jill@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 19:37:33 +0530

Hello All,

I have a squid(squid-2.5.PRE5) machine with two Interface, one interface has
ip address of ISP A and another interface has IP address of ISP B.

I have a two nating device,one will nat some clients to ISP A ip address and
others to ip address of ISP B and they forward all the requests to
squid(gateway for these devices).Here squid work as transparent proxy.

Request from ISP A ip address should forward to ISP A and request from ip
address of ISP B should forward ISP B.

i am redirecting all the 80 request to squid and in squid i configured acl
and tcp_outgoing_address as

acl ip1 src iprange_of_ISP_A
acl ip2 src iprange_of_ISP_B

tcp_outgoing_address ipaddress_of_eth0 ip1
tcp_outgoing_address ipaddress_of_eth1 ip2

default gateway of the squid machine is through eth0 and by using advance
routing i configured gateway in eth1 for ISP B ip address

I have configured advanced routing as

echo 200 jack >> /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
ip rule add from ipaddress_of_ISP_B table jack
ip route add default via ipaddress_of_ISP_B dev eth1 table jack
ip route flush cache

There is no problem for clients who are nating to ISP A but clients nating
to ISP B was not able to browse but they are able to ping or telnet or ftp
but doesnot able browse.

Is my configuration is correct?
How should be my configuration to solve this problem.

Thanks
Jack