[squid-users] Dynamic Logon page problem

From: Lewey Taylor <admin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:33:55 -0500

I have squid 2.4 stable4 on Redhat 7 with kernel 2.4.9-31. This is in
a small ISP environment using transparent proxy. We use IPtables to
redirect port 80.

All went well for a number of months until we added our local Ford
dealer to our network. They access a secure ASP site. The first page
is a login. After a successful login a temp page comes up and says
the user will be redirected to the main site with a "click here if the
page does not come up button". Well the page never loads. It does
try to load the URL but just hangs. You can hit back and click the
button before the redirect and get in. Once in, there is a link that
brings you to another page that will not load. This page keeps asking
the user to login again and keeps LOOPING back.

We also just added another local dealer. This one is a Chevy dealer
that has a link in their secure site that uses JavaScript to pull up a
cold fusion form for sending mail. Locks when trying to load just
like the other site.

I have brought down squid and both sites work fine with no caching. I
have tried always_direct and no_cache with domains and ip's. I also
tried adding .asp? .cfm? to query no_cache.

Sorry for the long post. Hope someone can help before I pull what
little hair I have left out!

Thanks, Lewey