Re: [squid-users] Limit simultaneus Authentication

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:31:25 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002, Babe Meneses Beltran wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using authentication for the http access, in my squid I work with
> nacsa, this work fine, But now I want Limit simultaneous access for a same
> login.
>
> How can I do ti?

Have a look at these two controls in Squid.conf.

# TAG: authenticate_ip_ttl
# With this option you control how long a proxy authentication
# will be bound to a specific IP address. If a request using
# the same user name is received during this time then access
# will be denied and both users are required to reauthenticate
# them selves. The idea behind this is to make it annoying
# for people to share their password to their friends, but
# yet allow a dialup user to reconnect on a different dialup
# port.
#
# The default is 0 to disable the check. Recommended value
# if you have dialup users are no more than 60 seconds to allow
# the user to redial without hassle. If all your users are
# stationary then higher values may be used.
#
# See also authenticate_ip_ttl_is_strict
#
#Default:
# authenticate_ip_ttl 0 seconds

# TAG: authenticate_ip_ttl_is_strict
# This option makes authenticate_ip_ttl a bit stricted. With this
# enabled authenticate_ip_ttl will deny all access from other IP
# addresses until the TTL has expired, and the IP address "owning"
# the userid will not be forced to reauthenticate.
#
#Default:
# authenticate_ip_ttl_is_strict on

-Mike