Re: [squid-users] WCCP doesn't seem to work

From: Francisco Obispo <fobispo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:28:07 -0400

Michael Wise wrote:

>I have set up a Cisco router and a Squid box running squid-2.4STABLE1 to
>use wccp for transparent proxy. I have compiled and loaded the ip_wccp
>module. The router is using wccpv1. It sees squid and forwards packets
>to it.
>

>I have set the iptables to redirect port 80 to port 3128. Its

How do you know packets are being redirected?

send me your "iptables -t nat -nL" output.

>seems to be catching those packets and redirecting them. If this is in
>place no one can use the web and nothing shows up in the squid logs. The
>acls are set to allow all. If I point a web browser to squid port 3128,
>everything works. I would appreciate any help. If more information is
>needed, let me know.

is your squid box on the same subnet as your clients?, if so, the squid
box will try to connect directly to
your clients instead of from the router, check with "netstat -n|grep
SYN" to see how many syn packets the squid box have sent without
establishing a connection.

-francisco