Re: [squid-users] PLEASE : Squid doesn't work whith FTP IIS Server

From: ROUTIER Gilles <gilles.routier@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:02:04 +0200

Ok and Thank you for your contribution !

It's incredible that nobody view or report this "bug" ????????????
I contact the support.

Excuse for my english
Gil From France
Hi,

Since IIS FTP server doesn't support FTP MDTM command, it is hard for
any
caching program to query the freshness of cached objects, which is
heavily
depending on the timestamp of object. Therefore, it results in DIRECT
fetch
from the server on your proxy all the time.

I have come out with one possible solution. Try to change the default
refresh_pattern for the FTP traffice in your squid.conf by adding a line
your conf file as follows:

        refresh_pattern ^ftp: 144000 100% 1008000
override-lastmod

As I don't have an IIS FTP server, I can't test with such a
configuration.
You must take a precaution that this setting may result in a situation
that
all of your cached FTP object to be never expired.

Hope this helps you out a bit. Good luck!

Snowy