[squid-users] Important: Intercept Cache with images only pre-fetch/pre-push

From: test test <student1919@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:38:09 -0400

Hi All,
   I am a student working on a paper for proxy caching. I am a newcomer to
Squid.

   I was wondering if Squid has the following capability.

   1. Web client issues the first GET request
   2. The request reaches the server through the proxy cache.
   3. The first response from the web server is parsed by the cache s/w.
   4. Instead of waiting for subsequent GET requests from the client,
      it proactively fetches objects in that page alone.
      (primarily static content like gifs)
   5. Pushes these static objects to the web client's own cache.

   FireClick's netflame does a variant of this. I was wondering if Squid can
do the same thing.

   This method is particularly helpful if one has a high-delay wireless, or
satellite link inbetween the client and the server.

Thanks in advance
Carl