[squid-users] will this be good enough?

From: Darren <darren@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 11:29:34 -0700

Hello all, I'm new to this list, so, greetings!

A couple questions.

1. Will an Athlon XP 1600 / 512 pc2700 DDR / 40gig W.D 7200 comp be
powerfull enough to do squid caching for about 150 dial-up and 100
wireless customers? This machine will also be doing routing, bandwith
management/monitoring.

2. Has anyone setup a box with 2 different internet feeds coming in?
This box will have 3 NIC's, one getting a T1 feed, one getting a DSL
feed, and the third of course going to our network. We want to set it up
so that any squid refresh updates (HTTP) goes through the DSL line.
HTTPS, as well as all our servers will go through the T1. Does this
sound possible?

Thanks in advance,

- Darren