[squid-users] Redirection question

From: Joseph Solinsky <jsolinsky@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 09:43:16 -0500

Hello,
        I'm having to use Squid to "fix" an earlier iPlanet solution; I realize the
best way to do this is to replace iPlanet proxy with Squid, but due to the
costs of migrating the appropriate custom code, this isn't an option.
        Do the Redirectors in squid work like an HTTP redirect (I'm only working
with HTTP traffic), in that they send a message back to the client
indicating the resource has moved? I don't want that. I want to use Squid
as a transparent proxy, and then forward all the requests (modified so they
are no longer a transparent request) to the ugly, out-of-date iPlanet proxy
server, which resides on the same host for convenience and efficiency.
        Thank you so much for your help, I really wish squid could have been there
from the start. If the solution involves me writing code or a plugin of
some sort, I'll be sure to offer the technique to the community, so no one
else has to wrangle this same puzzle.

Joseph Solinsky
Cybrix Corporation
jsolinsky@cybrix.com