Re: [squid-users] Transparent Proxy for second subnet behind firewall ?

From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm.turnbull@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:52:58 +0100

Yes, The firewall is the SQUID box and I'm using a REDIRECT rule...

But even if I remove the REDIRECT and change a web browser on the second
subnet to use port 8080 for proxy I get the same error back from SQUID
so I assume it's got nothing to do with the transparent bit...
Just my configuration...

Whereas the local subnet is fine for normal proxy and transparent

Ling Hwa Hing wrote:
| is your firewall intercept TCP traffic from net 10.1.0.0/16 to your
squid box?

| Quoting Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm.turnbull@crocus.co.uk>:
|

|>Um, I'm not sure I described it well enough..
|>But the local network that the firewall is on has 60 hosts on
|>10.0.0.0/255.255.0.0
|>It also has a router to the second network 10.1.0.0/255.255.255.0
|>with another 100 hosts.
|>
|>Both networks have interet access through the same firewall.
|>

|>Arno_STREULI@ca-indosuez.ch wrote:
|>|
|>| Look your subnet mask
|>| on the proxxy you setup 10.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 (B Class) and on the
|>other side you
|>| setup 10.1.0.0 255.255.255.0 (C Class) for your proxy the 10.1.0.0
|>il
|>a local
|>| network not a remote one.
|>| You should change the netmask on the proxy to 10.0.0.0
|>255.255.255.0
|>|
|>| Regards,
|>|