Re: [squid-users] rproxy.patch for 2.4 ?

From: Ricardo Kustner <hammer1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 22:34:21 +0200

Hi Joe,

Joe Cooper wrote:
> I think you've asked this question at the wrong time (Henrik is on
> vacation, last I heard, and rproxy is his baby).
> - Use it at your own risk, though it has been pretty solid at several
> points in the past. But it is outside of stable for a good reason--it
> - Henrik is not likely to backport any major feature without some
> incentive to do so (i.e. he is paid to do it, or someone else does it
> Short of purchasing some sort of support from Henrik's company, your
> best bet is probably to give the current CVS version of the rproxy
> branch a try, and if it breaks, send good bug reports. If you need a
> nudge in the right direction WRT fetching a CVS branch anonymously, let
> me know.

Thanks for your answer... what I'm going to try to is investigate the
patch and see how much many changes have been made for the
header-redirect support... hopefully it won't be too complicated so I
can try to hack it into 2.4 myself... I don't need all the other options
the patch changes... all I need is the redirect thingy.

Regards,

Ricardo.