[squid-users] Writing custom redirector

From: Joseph Solinsky <jsolinsky@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:12:01 -0500

Hi,
        I intend to write a substantially custom redirector (you don't want a copy
of it, trust me) for squid, and I just wanted to verify what I think I will
receive on the input line, generated by redirect.c on the following: (line
141;squid-2.4.STABLE7)
    snprintf(buf, 8192, "%s %s/%s %s %s\n",
        r->orig_url,
        inet_ntoa(r->client_addr),
        fqdn,
        r->client_ident,
        r->method_s);

the element r->client_addr is the IP address of the web browser client that
is connecting to Squid, requesting some resource, right? I am a little
confused about what is considered a client here. I need to know the web
browser's client-IP address because I'm doing something with that
information.
        Thank you,
Joseph Solinsky
Cybrix Corporation