Re: [squid-users] hardware SQUID

From: <zeek@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 17:30:32 -0400 (EDT)

You'll probably get some intersting replies to this question ;-)

First have a look at these:

http://www.squid-cache.org/products.html

then think about the size of your organization, the bandwidth demands,
maybe sniff outbound port 80 for a few days, and think about getting an
inexpensive system to test simulations on (you can use wget or some
kind of spider to test this). Perhaps one of the businesses mentioned
in the link above will have an immediate solution for you but chances
are you'll have to do some internal detective work beforehand.

Cheers,
-zeek

> Hello,
>
> I´ve been researching, I need to evaluate wich are the HW requeriments for a
> server wich runs Squid, configurated as a transparent proxy. In the Squid's
> official site, isn't specific explained.
> Someone of you may recommend me an HW configuration or HW brand? Is it
> necessary to evaluate the load volume to be able to make a dimension?
>
> Greetings
>
> Alejandro

---
 s p a r k l e h o u s e  m e d i a