[squid-users] Squid 2.4-Stable7

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 15:18:26 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

I had been running Squid 2.4-Stable6 on Solaris 2.8 for about two months
without any problems. I decided to upgrade to 2.4S7 due to the security
issues with 2.4S6. Since then I've had two crashes over a period of about
10 days on my two systems.

The errors were:

On one system:
cache.log.3:FATAL: Received Segment Violation...dying.

On the other:
cache.log.3:FATAL: xmalloc: Unable to allocate 24576 bytes!

Both systems are Sun Ultra 10's running Solaris 2.8 sharing the load via
round-robin DNS. I built one and then copied the image to the other so
they should be identical. There is lots of memory in both systems and both
are under utilized at this time. It's interesting to note that both
systems failed within a few minutes of each other but each produced a
slightly different error.

Anyone else having similar problems?

-Mike