[squid-users] Squid and virtual hosts

From: <rdiaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 09:58:53 -0400

am new to using squid and have been trying to implement it at my
company for the past few days. So far, it has been working great with
only a few small bumps. The most significant of which is the apparent
lack of support for virtual hosts.

My configuration is as follows: Squid 2.4.STABLE7 running on RedHat
7.3. This machine sits on our local network behind a Watchguard
firewall, on the trusted interface. I have the firewall configured to
forward all HTTP requests to the squid proxy on the internal network.
There is a rule in place on the firewall that allows the proxy to
access the Internet. This appears to be working well.

We also have a web server sitting on the optional/dmz interface of the
firewall that hosts a few sites. The server has a single public IP
address. It does not have a private IP address on the local network.
It uses host headers to direct users to the correct site.

Users outside of the firewall have no problem accessing any of the
sites. Users inside the firewall cannot access any site. Their
browser will eventually timeout.

I have researched this topic for a few days, and cannot find a
solution. I played around with the httpd_accel options to no avail.
I would appreciate any insight you might have into this configuration.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
RD

P.S. I originally posted this to the newsgroup via DejaNews unaware of the
mailing list. I apologize for the duplication.