RE: [squid-users] Transparent proxy and secure connections

From: Brett Cavé <brett@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 11:37:49 +0200

My main use of squid is access control, more than caching. I want to be
able to control secure site connections. At the moment secure
connections are allowed through the firewall, and normal http
connections are being redirected.

If I wanted to implement access control for secure sites, how would I go
about redirecting port 443 through the proxy for the access control
rules.

Would this have to be done manually from the client side (Denying 443 on
the firewall and then manually setting a proxy in the browsing client)?

Brett