[squid-users] redirect to an ip when request comes on port xxx

From: Andreas Schlager <aschlager@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:12:09 +0200

Hi list,

I have a very weried problem:

I want to do the following: If the squid-proxy receives a request
from a specified ip-address on a specified port, the request should
be redirected to an outside IP-address with an other port.

The background is this: I use a software for electronic banking, and
this software does speak a own protocol. The only possibility to use
this over a proxy is to send f.e. a request to the proxy on port
1234, and the proxy knows, that it has to redirect to outside ip
11.12.13.14, port 3456.

Is there a way to do this?
I only hear from the software-vendor, "for M$-proxy and consorts this
aint no problem" - and I really hate this!

Please help!

Regards,

-Andreas.