Re: [squid-users] redirect to an ip when request comes on port xxx

From: Andreas Schlager <aschlager@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:55:42 +0200

Am 8 Aug 2002, um 6:30 Uhr schrieb Joe Cooper:

>[...]
> This doesn't sound quite right to me. What makes you think this is a
> good solution to your problem? (I don't see how having the client come
> in one port, and redirected to another IP:port is going to fix anything.
> If the protocol can't be proxied, just bypass the proxy for that
> protocol.)
>
> That said, you can use a redirector to alter the outgoing destination
> port, I think. But I'm pretty certain you're barking up the wrong tree.
>[...]

Hi Joe,

first thanks for the ultra-very-hyper-fast replies (also to Lieven
and Daniel)!!!

Maybe I don't explaned it clear.
The software I use is speaking "MBS"-protocol. This means (here in
austria) "Multi Banking System", and is developed and used by
(almost?) all bankes with their software.

The only choice I have to setup there is an IP-address and a port-
number of the bank-server. No chance to specify a proxy or socks-
server here.

The problem is, that our PC's resides behind a proxy and a firewall
(how it should be). So I want to configure the proxy only to reach
through the traffic which is coming from such a PC to the proxy on a
defined port outside to a IP-address and port-number of a bank-server.

Daniel and Lieven suggested to use the cache_peer directive. I think,
I try this.

Andreas.

Andreas Schlager, EDV
aschlager@kaindl.com