Re: [squid-users] proxy.pac vs manual proxy + LiveLink

From: Brett Lymn <blymn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 00:18:33 +0930

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 12:36:43AM +1000, Donovan Baarda wrote:

> If you absolutely must allow access to that https url, then you have two
> options; make all https requests go direct, or make a special case out of
> them. The manual way to make a special case it to include the site in the
> "No Proxy for". I have no idea what the proxy.pac way to do this, but you
> can probably figure it out.

You can do this using a proxy.pac, if you want to make all https
traffic direct then just match the start of the URL string for "https"
and return "DIRECT" as the proxy method. If it is a single site that
is causing the pain then just match that site. Be wary of making the
proxy.pac too complex though, the thing gets evaluated on every URL
lookup so it may affect browser performance if it is too unwieldy.

--
Brett Lymn