Re: [squid-users] proxy.pac vs manual proxy + LiveLink

From: Jerry Murdock <jmurdock@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 01:35:18 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deb" <deb@tickleme.llnl.gov>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 12:30 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] proxy.pac vs manual proxy + LiveLink

>Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au> had this to say,
>> just match the start of the URL string for "https"
>> and return "DIRECT" as the proxy method. If it is a single site that
>> is causing the pain then just match that site.

> I don't want to send all https traffic DIRECT because I have
> a virus filter through which request/responses go to after
> the proxy and before the target.

The virus filter probably isn't doing anything on https traffic anyway .
If it is, I'd like to know how. I generally set a squid always_direct ACL
for https traffic to bypass parent VirusWalls if there is not some other
reason to pass the traffic upstream.

But, I understand your not wanting a "wide open" port 443.

Jerry