[squid-users] problems with feeding large files through cache into MS-SQL

From: Daniel Monjar <Daniel.Monjar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:24:11 -0400

I have Squid/2.4.STABLE3 running on an alpha 4100 under Tru64 5.1A. It has
been working very well for me in a test environment of about 200 users.
I'm planning to roll it out to my enterprise but I need help with a problem
first. We use a product called Livelink from Opentext for document
management. A big part of the process is feeding documents from a local
workstation into Livelink. I have reports of a problem with this process
on large documents. With proxy caching enabled large docs timeout. The
same documents work fine with the proxy turned off. Here's the actual
problem report:

+++++++++
I have stepped through this one time with Mike and talked to Dan briefly
but I wanted to get it down so I didn't forget. We have a problem when
is of any size drops and gives us an error saying it can't find the
webpage. This occurs only when your LAN settings are using Proxy Server
settings, that is I have both "Use proxy server..." checked and "Bypass
proxy server for local address" checked. The proxy address is 10.155.1.10
and Port is 80. If I uncheck the proxy and go with Auto settings I have no
problems loading the document so it seems as if SQL times out with the web
server on these large documents through the proxy or it drops it because of
the size. Not really sure but Dan needs to be aware of it. This is a
problem for the users.

Any ideas of where I could start to look?

--
Daniel Monjar
IS Manager, Technical Services