[squid-users] yahoo messenger DoS

From: Abhishek Dewan <abhishekdewan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:24:18 +0530 (IST)

Hi

I'm facing a typical problem of yahoo messenger. I'm running a RH 7.2 =
box with squid and IPTables in transparent proxy mode. We are an ISP and =
have a huge number of subscribers who use yahoo messenger. Problem is =
that everyday for about a couple of hours, yahoo messenger stops =
working. If we change the gateway address of clients' machine to some =
other address, which runs another squid or wingate, messenger starts =
working. I even upgarded my IPtables & squid in order to resolve this =
problem but i'm still unable to find a solution.

This is a very typical problem & i'm not able understand what's causing =
the denail of service. Please help.

Regards

Abhishek Dewan
Customised Data & Telecom Solutions
This e-mail is the property of Shyam Telelink Limited (with Registered &
Corporate Office at A-60, Naraina Industrial Area Phase-1, New Delhi-
110028, India and the expression includes its Associates and
Subsidiaries). The information contained in this email or attached
documents (if any) are privileged and confidential. It is intended for the
use of only the individual to whom it is addressed. Any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly forbidden by anyone
other than to whom it is addressed.

If you have received this mail in error, you should not disclose,
distribute, take any action or rely on this document and should notify us
immediately by return e-mail, to the address where the e-mail originated
and delete the material from all recipient computers. Any views expressed
in this e-mail are those of the individual sender unless the sender
specifically states otherwise