[squid-users] iptables crashed?

From: irwin soo mee huat <irw25@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:39:15 +0000

Hi,

I'm running squid2.4-STABLE7 using iptables 1.2.4 on transparent mode.

This setup is load-balanced by a L4 switch in tcs mode. http traffic to
the router
will be intercepted and redirected to this L4 switch.

On squid.conf:-
http_port 8080

On /etc/sysctl.conf:-
# Disables packet forwarding
net.ipv4.ip_forward =3D 0
# Enables source route verification
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter =3D 1

iptables rule:-
target prot opt source destination
REDIRECT tcp -- anywhere anywhere tcp dpt:http
redir ports 8080

Apache is running on the server at port 80.

The transparent proxies are running fine just that it'll
crash(unpingable) and can't even reboot from
console at times.

We've traced/isolated the problem to be related to iptables.

I would like to find:-
Anyone here faced the same symptons as what is happening in my env? Any
method to overcome it?
Anyone using L4 switch such as foundry,netscaler etc. and managed to let
the switch take the role of iptables in port redirection? Would like to
find out the method used to do it.

Thanks.

Rgds,

IS