[squid-users] http forward header inclusion

From: Deeptish Dey <deeptish@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:17:18 +0530 (IST)

Hello,

My situation is like is. I am runing transparnet proxy with port
redirecting using Squid Version 2.4.STABLE6 on a RH 7.3 machine.
Using the Ip of the squid we access the internet..
and some of the
sites "providing journal access" require the "http forward
header" from the client when the clients are behind some kind of proxy, so
that they can know the IP of the exact machine from where each
request is originating. Now it seems that all requests are originating
from the IP of the squid machine.

is it possible to configure squid in such a way so that each request would
include the origin IP of the client in the http header?

I need some suggestion for one more problem.

I use the native style of logging in access.log... here suppose I am
accessing an url

http://xyz.com/getfile.asp?id=thisfile.pdf

but my access log reads

http://xyz.com/getfile.asp? ...... and the values passed to the asp is not
logged. Thus I can never know the actual file downloaded. Do I need some
switch for logging the entire url???

Regards,

Deeptish