Re: [squid-users] refresh_pattern and forcing "gifs" to be cached

From: Joao Clemente <jpcl@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 15:53:48 +0100

> This one should be cached... even without an expires header, squid should be
> using it's lm-factor test for freshness. even with a percent of only 50%
> this object should be considered "fresh" for another year. You don't have
> the % set to 0% do you?

IIRC, it's set to 20% , which is the default value.
But... I'm almost sure the online manual stated that the minimal value for objects that do not have a expiry date is 0.

Yep, checked out the online manual page. It says
'Min' is the time (in minutes) an object without an explicit expiry time should be considered fresh. The recommended value is 0;

Hmmm... I just realised I don't now at 100% how the algorith works.. the "percent" fiels has this description

'Percent' is a percentage of the objects age (time since last modification age) an object without explicit expiry time will be considered fresh.

so maybe the object is so old (indeed, the object is more than a year old, by its last-modified-date) that he doesn't get cached?

--
 There is a very thin line between being selfish and having the freedom to
 choose what's best for me...