[squid-users] backup password file

From: dfgbgdf bgfbgf <je_philippe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:30:13 +0200

Hi,

How to save the password file ? I would like to save this file for security
and use it on a second server if the first is shutdown.

I am trying to save my password file with ftp command.
My problem : when i copy (reload) my password file from ftp server (windows
2000) to squid server the authentication doesn't works. The password seems
corrupt because I must rewrite all passwords for all users !!!

The login is cleartext and the password is encrypted.
exemple :

toto : a2JhdWU7b3hjMa

I also read that squid stores cleartext passwords in its memory cache ?

authenticate program : ncsa_auh module

Thanks.